Four Teacups, Four Years
In 12 days, I will celebrate four years in China. These four years are like four small teacups. By themselves, they are small, but when you add the amount of tea they can hold together, the large pot will become half empty. As an educator, I have learned a lot. When I first arrived to China, I thought being a teacher was easy, but now I realize I still have to empty the other half of the tea pot, and then another teapot will arrive. What did I learn:
1. There is no secret formula for teaching
2. Don't blame parents for difficult children...it isn't always their fault.
3. Be consisitent
4. Be prepared
These four tips are very useful for the aspiring teacher. As educators we want to throw blame on the parents, when sometimes children are just challenging. I am a parent and my little daughter, cute as she is, can be a challenge, and it takes patience, and effort, and lots of love. Some parents need help and aid, and are doing the best they can. We also need to be consistent. As long as you keep working hard as a teacher and realize your mistakes, you will improve. Well, that is it for today.
1. There is no secret formula for teaching
2. Don't blame parents for difficult children...it isn't always their fault.
3. Be consisitent
4. Be prepared
These four tips are very useful for the aspiring teacher. As educators we want to throw blame on the parents, when sometimes children are just challenging. I am a parent and my little daughter, cute as she is, can be a challenge, and it takes patience, and effort, and lots of love. Some parents need help and aid, and are doing the best they can. We also need to be consistent. As long as you keep working hard as a teacher and realize your mistakes, you will improve. Well, that is it for today.

I agree with your comment that if you are working hard and realize your mistakes you will improve! I definitely agree, there are a lot of mistakes that happen, but we work to improve them!
ReplyDeleteLove the analogy of teacups! Great tips!
ReplyDelete