Our Life Looks Like This Building
I took this photo in 2014 because the two stripes that standout of a rather simple gray building. Our life looks like this building, because oftentimes we don't see anything special until we stand back and it is blatantly obvious. I spent the better half of my younger years wishing I had this talent or that ability, instead of being me. Once this "being me" is found, we can stop being self absorbed, and give attention to the world around us, to the people around us. Ultimately, this is the primary necessity of an educator, because in education, there is no time for me, and only time for the students, for the "them". Me needs to be saved when the day is done, and the tests are scored.
This blog is a time to think of me, so I can share with you all my opinions and thoughts related to my unique experiences. This particular piece lacks clarity and structure, due to it being midnight, however, I want to write anyways.
I wanted to share some experiences I have been through in getting to where I am today, and even though where I am today, as a homeroom teacher in second grade at some small bilingual school is not much compared to many great and mighty individuals, it is good enough for me, because honestly if money was no matter, I'd take my wife and child and head straight to some small tropical paradise and live out our days, maybe taking trips to help educate people for free. However, as money is a matter, I do something else I enjoy, and that is teaching, and I am slowly learning about stock trading.
Concerning my experiences in life, although they are few, they have been valuable lessons for me. First lesson: It is okay to be original and different but don't be like everyone else these days trying to be original and different. It gets old. I recently watched an interview of an actress on one of the many late night talk shows, and she had to be different and original, to the point of being rude, obnoxious and in my opinion incoherent. Maybe I missed her point.
Second lesson: Be a sheep most of the time. We all want to be shakers and movers, but those kind of teachers get fired, or make their job harder. We claim that it is for the children, yet we get all bent out of shape when administration or parents demand us to do things, and we don't want to comply. I am not saying lose your moral conscience, but keep the mouth shut, and do your job unless it is something you are willing to lose your job over.
Third lesson: Be Unprepared. I am not saying don't prepare, but be ready for everything and anything. We entered the most complicated, complex arena called life butt naked, and we typically do just fine, so relax.
Now, my rambling is done for tonight. Good night all.
This blog is a time to think of me, so I can share with you all my opinions and thoughts related to my unique experiences. This particular piece lacks clarity and structure, due to it being midnight, however, I want to write anyways.
I wanted to share some experiences I have been through in getting to where I am today, and even though where I am today, as a homeroom teacher in second grade at some small bilingual school is not much compared to many great and mighty individuals, it is good enough for me, because honestly if money was no matter, I'd take my wife and child and head straight to some small tropical paradise and live out our days, maybe taking trips to help educate people for free. However, as money is a matter, I do something else I enjoy, and that is teaching, and I am slowly learning about stock trading.
Concerning my experiences in life, although they are few, they have been valuable lessons for me. First lesson: It is okay to be original and different but don't be like everyone else these days trying to be original and different. It gets old. I recently watched an interview of an actress on one of the many late night talk shows, and she had to be different and original, to the point of being rude, obnoxious and in my opinion incoherent. Maybe I missed her point.
Second lesson: Be a sheep most of the time. We all want to be shakers and movers, but those kind of teachers get fired, or make their job harder. We claim that it is for the children, yet we get all bent out of shape when administration or parents demand us to do things, and we don't want to comply. I am not saying lose your moral conscience, but keep the mouth shut, and do your job unless it is something you are willing to lose your job over.
Third lesson: Be Unprepared. I am not saying don't prepare, but be ready for everything and anything. We entered the most complicated, complex arena called life butt naked, and we typically do just fine, so relax.
Now, my rambling is done for tonight. Good night all.

Very cool picture and well though, deep post! Thanks!
ReplyDelete